Favorite Scripture:
Favorite Scripture:
Alma 56:47
Now they never had fought, yet they did not fear death; and they did think more upon the liberty of their fathers than they did upon their lives; yea, they had been taught by their mothers, that if they did not doubt, God would deliver them.
Saturday, February 25, 2012
Getting Things Started
Dear Mom and Dad and who ever else reads this,
Life here is going good. The people are all super nice and a lot of fun. Everyone is focused on the work and that unity just makes everyone like each other. I'm pretty sure I was welcomed here like a million times. The Elders that I share a residency with are all great guys. My companion Elder Fitzpatrick is just awesome. We share a room with Elder Elkins and Elder Nation who are both great people. We're all going to Sendai together which is pretty sweet. Actually there are only a few Elders and Sisters in our district not going to Sendai, but to Tokyo instead. Which is still pretty awesome. There is so much going on here that i couldn't possibly write it all down. Or type it, I guess. But I'd like to tell you about some of the highlights. We met our Branch President, Pres. Krueger, who is both really funny and super spiritual. I feel we are going to learn a lot from him during our time here. We have an awesome teacher, Black Sensei. He's really helping me remember and learn a ton of Japanese. We've had some great lessons already and I'm sure they're only going to get better and better. And we taught our first lesson in Japanese. Which was pretty nerve-racking, but we think we did pretty good considering that we've only been here for three days. I've been told that the days will feel like they're going by faster after we get a solid scheduale, so hopefully the days won't feel as long even though we're still getting the same amount of stuff done. Any questions you have I'll try to answer them and I want to hear about what's going on down there as well. I'll try to write more as I get better at doing this.
Love, Elder Wixom
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment
Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.