Favorite Scripture:

Favorite Scripture:

Alma 56:47
Now they never had fought, yet they did not fear death; and they did think more upon the liberty of their fathers than they did upon their lives; yea, they had been taught by their mothers, that if they did not doubt, God would deliver them.

Monday, February 25, 2013

New Area, Not New Weather


Well I transferred this last week.  It was a pretty busy Monday and Tuesday.  We were busy trying to visit with investigators and less-active members, and people I wanted to see.  It was sad saying good-bye to everyone.  I had been there for a while so everybody knew me and I knew everybody.  But I plan to go back sometime and see everyone again.  I don't know when, but I want to.  But hopefully the investigators  left there will keep learning about the gospel and progressing towards baptism.  I was able to finish teaching L san all the lessons she needed before baptism and was able to practice the interview with her.  I'm sure she did great and this week will be baptized.  I don't know when I'll see everyone again, but I know that when I do, it will be a happy reunion.

Now on to my new area.  After I finally made it to Yonezawa, and walked the forty minutes through the snow to the apartment while carrying my bike, I was able to enjoy being in a new area.  The snow is so bad here.  It should be warming up soon though, so that's good.  But it has snowed everyday since I've got here.  My new companion is great.  He's a hard worker and a funny guy.  I'm excited to get some good work done with him here.  The branch is nice too.  A couple families are here so that's great.  We are working on finding more people who are ready to receive the gospel.  Maybe it will be easier to find them when the snow melts.  Who knows.

Well that's all for this week.  Thanks for all your prayers.  I love you!

Love, Elder Wixom

No comments:

Post a Comment

Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.