Favorite Scripture:

Favorite Scripture:

Alma 56:47
Now they never had fought, yet they did not fear death; and they did think more upon the liberty of their fathers than they did upon their lives; yea, they had been taught by their mothers, that if they did not doubt, God would deliver them.

Monday, March 4, 2013

Things Should Be Warming Up


Well the weather is really nice right now.  It was actually good for a few days this week.  But it snowed pretty hard again last Saturday.  It should only snow a little bit more and then it will be spring time.  It will be nice to ride our bikes again.  The roads are too covered in snow and ice to ride them still.  But walking everywhere takes a lot of time so we're looking forward to it.

Well this week something cool happened.  We had a special conference in the Sendai Stake where Bishop Davies of the Presiding Bishopric and Elder Yamashita of the Seventy came to Sendai.  The first night was with members and investigators and missionaries, but the second day was just the missionaries.  It was way cool to get to hear about his experiences with working with Presidents of the church.  It is always exciting when General Authorities come to the mission.  It was a great experience and I am thankful that I got to be a part of it.

Well we are still trying to just keep on working.  I think it will get better as the weather improves.  At least that is what my hope is.  Well thank you for all your prayers and love.  You're wonderful people.  I love you.

Love, Elder Wixom


P.S.  Well I will answer your questions.  I don't know which is more rural, here or there.  I haven't been able to see the ground because of the snow to know how much is farmland.  But I'm sure you or dad can find Yonezawa online and see for yourselves.  We usually get our transfer calls on Monday and then are in our new area by Thursday as well.  Sometimes faster, but not usually.  I don't know if they celebrate Easter in Japan, but I would guess no.  That's pretty much a Christian holiday, right?  And we don't have a "Invite Sunday".  Every Sunday we want people to invite someone to church.  I'm glad that you had the chance to spend a lot of time with Dad this week.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.