Favorite Scripture:
Favorite Scripture:
Alma 56:47
Now they never had fought, yet they did not fear death; and they did think more upon the liberty of their fathers than they did upon their lives; yea, they had been taught by their mothers, that if they did not doubt, God would deliver them.
Monday, May 14, 2012
Happy Mother's Day!!!
I realized that I don't think I wished you a happy mother's day when we talked earlier. I'm sorry. So I guess you'll just have to settle with the day after thing. Sorry about that. But it was super nice to hear from all of you. That totally made my day. Maybe even my whole week. I don't know yet though, cause my week just started. But I can tell you about last week. That was pretty cool.
So the week started just like any other, with p-day and Tuesday we just did dendo stuff. Which was still pretty hard, but really fun. We didn't get to meet with Saito san like we planned, but we were able to meet up with one less-active sister. That lesson went really nicely. The members that jointed for us were a huge help. Like always. Members always seem to make missionary work better. It makes me wonder why they don't do it enough.
Anyways, Wednesday we left for Morioka because we had a conference on Thursday. Now the conference was really pretty great. Elder Yamashita came and taught us. Along with his wife and we also heard from Pres. Rasmussen and Sis. Rasmussen. So Elder Yamashita is like President's President. So he had a lot of really good things to say. It was a really great meeting thing. I don't know how to attach things or I would put on the picture from it onto this e-mail. Sorry that I'm bad at stuff like that.
The rest of the week we just did work and stuff and it was all great. We were able to visit Saito san on Saturday, so that was wonderful. It wasn't with a member like we wanted, but it was still a nice little visit/lesson. We asked him to come to church, but he wasn't able to make it, so that was pretty sad.
So that was how my week went for the most part. It was another good week here in Japan. I hope that everything is going well with all of you back home. Have a fun week. :)
Love, Elder Wixom
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment
Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.