Favorite Scripture:

Favorite Scripture:

Alma 56:47
Now they never had fought, yet they did not fear death; and they did think more upon the liberty of their fathers than they did upon their lives; yea, they had been taught by their mothers, that if they did not doubt, God would deliver them.

Sunday, May 6, 2012

Just Smile and Nod

I would like to first of begin this e-mail saying how difficult it is sometimes to not speak the language that everyone else is speaking.  Even though I'm working and practicing, sometimes all I can do is just look focused and try to figure out what somebody is saying.  A bunch of other Elders say that they still have that problem sometimes and they've been out for quite a while, but I don't know if that makes me feel better.  I guess it will be nice to understand what's going on most of the time and only having problems a little, rather than the opposite.  I am lucky to live with three other Elders who are willing to help me get better rather than just not care if I improve.  So that's good at least.

This week a couple really, really cool things happened.  Wanna hear what they were?  Of course you do!  Why else would you be reading this except to read about cool things.  First off, my comp and I got our first real investigator as a companionship.  He is an old investigator that stopped meeting with the missionaries, but now he's meeting with us again.  It is so awesome.  Hopefully we'll be able to re-spark his interest and his desire to be baptized again.  That would just be great.  And we've got to thank Bro Niiyama for helping us get our next appointment with him at the church.  Members are super important when it comes to missionary work.  They can never help too much. 

Another cool thing that happened was that we got to go to Hirosaki to see a baptism.  It has been the only baptism in that area for a while so President said that we could go to support the Sister missionaries.  It was so cool to see that sister be baptized and then to hear her testimony.  Even though I couldn't understand all of it is was super awesome.  The bonus of going to that baptism was that we got to go to Hirosaki's Sakura Matsuri.  Which is mostly just a festival for the sakura.  We got to see a bunch of trees just covered in those beautiful pink petals.  And the area where they had it was by some cool old Japanese buildings.  One was a castle I think.  Either way, it was a super awesome experience and a super awesome day. 

Other than that I don't really have much to say except that I wish that the rain would go away.  The sad thing is that it's not even the rainy season yet.  So it's only getting started.  Wish me luck. 

Love, Elder Wixom

No comments:

Post a Comment

Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.