Well, I guess you already know what I'm going to talk about this week if you read the title of this E-mail. And sure enough, you are right. Food. More specifically, food that you eat in Japan. And even more specifically, Japanese food that you eat in Japan.
Well let's see... I remember my first meal was pancakes. In Japan they are called Hot Cakes. Usually we just use the pancake mix to make biscuts. But that's besides the point. My second meal was curry. You would not believe how much curry I have eaten. And I cannot begin to estimate how much more I will eat before I die. But that is one thing that I eat a lot. Good old Indian curry. But that's not the thing I eat mostly. By far the thing I eat the most is, you got it, rice. Sooooooo much rice. You'd be suprised though at how much better food is when you put it over rice. Or how well meals become if you have a little bowl of rice with you. We also eat a lot of noodles. There is spagetti, (I know that's not how it's spelled) udon, ramen, and souma. Those are just some of the types of noodles I have eaten. And the best part about pasta is that you can put whatever you want on top of it. All sorts of sauces, curry, all sorts of stuff. I've also gotten the chance to eat quite a bit of sushi at various places. Usually we have to go out to eat it cause it's hard to make. But that's pretty good. Obviously there are some that taste better than others, but luckily I have grown to like fish and seaweed. So that's good. As far a meats go, other than various kinds of fish the only "weird" meat I have eaten is probably cow tongue. It wasn't that bad. Just a bit chewy. But to be honest we eat a lot of food that I ate back home. Like spagetti, hamburgers, steak, cereal, toast and eggs, MacDonalds, and other things like that. But it is way great to try new foods because there is so many good foods to eat here in Japan. I hope that answered your question Grandpa. :)
But besides talking about food, which has made me hungry, I had a pretty good week this week. Nothing crazy out of the ordinary happened as far as I can remember, but it was just another good week of working hard and trying to help as many people as we can. The language is coming along. I had a nice little chat about how hard it is to learn a new language with a gentlemen that comes to English class. It was good practice for the both of us and it shows how helpful it is to be able to practice speaking a language with native speakers. I'm thankful for all the people who have and who still are helping me learn it. Mostly I'm thankful to the Lord though. Because without his help, missionaries would not be able to learn the language well enough to preach the gospel. I am sure of that.
Well that was my week. Until next time folks.
Love, Elder Wixom
No comments:
Post a Comment
Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.