Favorite Scripture:
Favorite Scripture:
Alma 56:47
Now they never had fought, yet they did not fear death; and they did think more upon the liberty of their fathers than they did upon their lives; yea, they had been taught by their mothers, that if they did not doubt, God would deliver them.
Monday, July 16, 2012
What a Way to Start the Day...
So normally when it becomes time to get up, we hear an alarm. But this morning it was not an alarm, but a phone call. It was the transfers call. Now none of us were really thinking that we were going to transfer, but Elder Squire and I were told that we in fact are transfering. So come Wednesday, I will be serving in Nagaoka. 長岡 That is how it is spelled in kanji. Its going to be fun. I'm going from the very top of the mission to the almost bottom geographically speaking. But that is how my morning started today. Exciting, huh?
As for this last week, all I'm going to say is that sometimes missionary work is harder than people think it is. And since we were travelling a bit for meetings and splits with the district leader, we weren't able to work in Aomori very much this week. Now just because I said it was hard doesn't mean it wasn't good. We were able to meet with our investigator and have a lesson with her. We were able to have a lesson with a less active sister and try to help her out. So it wasn't a bad week, it was just a harder week. But this wasn't the first hard week, and I'm sure it won't be the last. That's just missionary work for ya.
Well, I hope all of you are having just a great day. I hope the rest of your week is good too. Until next week when you get to hear about how nice it is in Nagaoka. I love you all! (^ 3^) -Chu!
Love, Elder Wixom
P.S.That is a kiss face if you were wondering. And I put it there because I wanted to.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment
Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.