Favorite Scripture:

Favorite Scripture:

Alma 56:47
Now they never had fought, yet they did not fear death; and they did think more upon the liberty of their fathers than they did upon their lives; yea, they had been taught by their mothers, that if they did not doubt, God would deliver them.

Monday, August 27, 2012

6 Months Gone


I was soaked earlier this morning.  But the weird thing is that it hasn't been raining recently.  It has been hotter than usual though.  I think you know what I'm trying to say.  Now that I've put that mental imagine into your minds, let me tell you about my week. ;)

We had a real nice week this past week.  It started off good with a fun p-day.  We went to the batting cages with a brother in the branch and it made us sore for a few days after.  Then on Tuesday we had a couple of really good lessons.  Like way good.  One of them was a lesson with our investigator.  We taught about Jesus Christ.  His life, the Atonement, and about all the wonderful things he did on the earth.  It was way cool to see him learn about the Savior and really like it.  I mean it seemed that he really liked learning about Him.  It was a way good lesson and the next time we meet with him we want to commit him to baptism, because we think he is ready and that he'll say yes.  The other lesson we had was with one of our other investigators.  She has been coming to church for a while now and we've been teaching her for a while.  But she has a problem remembering and understanding the lessons so it is hard to help her progress.  But when we met with her this week, we asked her the first baptismal interview question and she answered it right.  She even gave us a little reason, which made us even happier.  It showed that little by little she actually is progressing.

We got a new investigator this week.  He's way cool and really nice.  He has travelled a lot so he speaks like perfect English.  The only problem is that he is most likely moving to England next week.  So we're going to teach him as much as we can while he's here.  He came to a little after church meal gathering thing yesterday.  It was way nice.  A lot of the members really like him and think he is way interesting.  So they are bummed that he's moving too.  He came to the talent show that we had on Saturday too.

Oh, btw, we had a talent show on Saturday.  Since I have no talents I had to come up with something to do.  So I played with my yo-yos.  It was super pathetic.  I'm glad you weren't there to see it.  But Kano choro and a brother in the branch played the guitar.  That was way cool.  A student from English class sang and played the piano.  She was so good.  It was fun even though not a ton of people were able to come that we wanted.

 It's weird thinking that I've been out on a mission for over six months now. Just think in four times the time that has already past, you'll have to deal with me again. I hope you live up the short time that you have without me. It will go by faster than you think. ;)

Anywho, I think that about wraps up the week that I had.  If not, then I guess you may never know.  Sorry.  Kinda.  Hope you have a good day!  :D

Love, Elder Wixom 長老。

No comments:

Post a Comment

Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.