Favorite Scripture:

Favorite Scripture:

Alma 56:47
Now they never had fought, yet they did not fear death; and they did think more upon the liberty of their fathers than they did upon their lives; yea, they had been taught by their mothers, that if they did not doubt, God would deliver them.

Monday, August 20, 2012

It's Going to be a Busy Week. Hopefully


This week we had a lot of really good things that happened.

We were able to meet with an investigator twice that we haven't been able to meet with for a while.  It was super great because we were able to have to really nice lessons and were able to give her a Book of Mormon, which she started to read in between the lessons we had.  That was super great.  She was also asking some good questions to try and help herself understand the book better, which is also great.  Hopefully we will be able to meet her again this week.  She's pretty busy usually, but we would love to have a lesson with some Sisters from the branch there.

Another investigator came to church again this week.  She is starting to seem just like a normal member at church.  But the best part was in Sunday school when she was able to remember the answer to a couple questions that she was asked.  That means that she is remembering!  It is the hardest thing that is keeping her from baptism, the trouble with remembering and understanding what we teach.  But the fact that she was able to answer some questions right shows that she is improving and progressing.  Little by little.  That's how we work.

We were also able to meet some nice people this past week who told us that we could come back later.  So this week we have a few appointments that we set up and I hope that it wiil be good.  We are going to be hopefully, really busy.  But that is okay because when you're busy in the work, that's when it is the most fun and we see the most success.  Being busy makes the time go by fast too though.  So that's kind of a bummer, but it's okay because we're working hard.

Right now I am typing this e-mail, but shortly after this we have a couple of appointments that we need to go to.  One is with one of our strongest investigators.  I pray that we will have a good lesson today.  Well, I guess I'll talk to you next week.   Hope you have a fun life!  Talk to you soon.  I love you!

So to answer your questions, I don't know how long the rainy season is.  I don't know if it has really started yet, but sometimes we get a lot of rain.  We are usually able to dry out pretty well in the apartment.  There is only Kano choro and I here in Nagaoka.  The Helping Hands service projests are over so we don't have any more of those, but if we can find projects around time we try to do those.  As far as English class, we have it in the church once a week.  People usually find out about it when we talk to people about it or pass out flyers.  Sometimes people hear about it from their friends or they see some flyers that we have left at convinient stores, but not usually.  I do a lot of cooking.  I make lunch everyday unless there is something going on.  As far as needing anything, Kano choro wants to know if you have any simple recipes that don't require a lot of different ingreidients that make good food.

Love, Elder Wixom

No comments:

Post a Comment

Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.