Favorite Scripture:
Favorite Scripture:
Alma 56:47
Now they never had fought, yet they did not fear death; and they did think more upon the liberty of their fathers than they did upon their lives; yea, they had been taught by their mothers, that if they did not doubt, God would deliver them.
Monday, September 24, 2012
It was just Amazing
This whole week was just full of the most wonderful things. I can't believe how great it was. I don't have enough time to tell you about all the stuff that happened, but I'd like to talk a little about the important stuff.
This week we had zone conference, which was just awesome. I love all the missionaries I work with. They are some of the best people in the world. And President and Sister Rasmussen and the Assistants always make me smile when I see them. Zone conferences are just one of those times where we can get together as a zone and get training from our leaders. But saying it that way makes it sound pretty boring. But it's totally the opposite. We all have fun because we are there with the same purpose in mind. To be better missionaries. And it is fun to become better with other people.
Our mission has a goal to see 25 more baptisms by the end of the year. There was a baptism in another area and there was one here in Nagaoka last Saturday. Nakamura shimai (sister) was baptized!!! Saturday was one of the best days of my mission. It didn't have its problems, but it was super wonderful. I know for a fact that Heavenly Father wanted her to be baptized, because all of the problems that came up were all fixed before the service started. When we first got to the church the font was filling up with water, but the hot water heater was not working. We knew the water needed to be hot because she would not like cold water. At all. Her body probably wouldn't have been able to handle being baptized in cold water. So to warm it up, we were boiling water upstairs on the stove and then pouring it into the font as it was filling up. It wasn't really working, but that's all we could do. But then the Branch President came and fixed the water heater, so the water was nice and warm for her to be baptized in. She was baptized and it was super awesome.
On Sunday she got the Holy Ghost as a constant companion. The blessing that Nakagawa Kaicho (President) gave her was so nice. I can't wait to see her continue to progress in the gospel and to get all the blessings that are in store for her. I am super thankful that I had the chance to help her progress to the point where she is now.
That's what happened this week mostly. I can't wait to see what happens this week. Bye!
Love, Elder Wixom
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment
Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.