Favorite Scripture:

Favorite Scripture:

Alma 56:47
Now they never had fought, yet they did not fear death; and they did think more upon the liberty of their fathers than they did upon their lives; yea, they had been taught by their mothers, that if they did not doubt, God would deliver them.

Monday, December 17, 2012

It's Almost Christmas!!


I can't believe that Christmas is just a week away.  How exciting is that.  We are feeling the Christmas spirit here in Nagaoka right now.  It hasn't snowed much lately (which is nice), but there is still snow on the ground which adds to the Christmas feel.  Also we had a zone conference last week that was very Christmas-y.  And our branch had it's Christmas party on Saturday.  It is just so great to have the Christmas feeling as a missionary.  When we walk down the street and the Christmas lights are shining, people sometimes listen to us just because they are feeling the good old Christmas spirit.  And we know that that wonderful Spirit is from our Savior and we are able to feel it so well this time of year because we get the chance to celebrate His birth.  I know there is still a week until Christmas, but I hope that throughout this week, we can all feel that Christmas joy and try to share it with others through kind works and words.  I am sure that we will be able to brighten somebody's day if we try to do something nice for them.

We are still trying to work hard, but lately it has been difficult to meet our investigators.  But yesterday we were able to get three new investigators in one day.  And they all seem like people who have real interest in what we are sharing.  I hope that we will be able to keep helping them and our other investigators receive blessings from God by being baptized into His true church.

I hope that you all have a good week and that you enjoy this wonderful time of the year.  I thank you for your kindness and prayers.  I love you all very much.

Love, Elder Wixom

No comments:

Post a Comment

Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.