Favorite Scripture:

Favorite Scripture:

Alma 56:47
Now they never had fought, yet they did not fear death; and they did think more upon the liberty of their fathers than they did upon their lives; yea, they had been taught by their mothers, that if they did not doubt, God would deliver them.

Wednesday, December 12, 2012

Let it Snow, Let it Snow, Let it Snow


So it snowed yesterday.  And today it is snowing.  And tomorrow it will snow.  And the next day.  Uchida choro and I think that we won't have any more days here in Nagaoka without there being snow on the ground.  It is actually pretty fun though.  Cause I mean there is a bit of snow, but its not all that cold actually.  It was much colder before the snow started.  So we have been having some fun these past couple of days walking in the snow.  Since neither Uchida choro or I live in a place that gets a lot of snow, it is nice to see some.  In fact yesterday it snowed more than Uchida choro has ever seen in his home town.  Pretty crazy to think that it is only going to get worse.  We'll probably enjoy the snow less after a week or two of living in it.  But it will be fun for the time being.

 I did feel the earthquake actually.  But we were riding a train when it happened so we were fine.  It wasn't very strong where we are, but yeah we all felt it.  I am sure that there will be a lot of service opportunities for the missionaries that are working over there.

This week we were not able to really meet with our investigators which is a real bummer.  But we were able to visit a less active brother that we've been trying to help re activate.  And he came to church again this week which is awesome.  And he said he wants to keep coming which just makes me feel so good.  Helping someone come back to church is just as, if not sometimes more, fulfilling as helping someone come to church for the first time.  I really hope that we will all be able to help bring back members who have found themselves not coming to church.

This is all that I really have for this week.  It's pretty short, but that's just what happens sometimes.  I hope you are all getting excited for Christmas.  I know I am.  Thank you for all of your prayers and support.  You are the best.  I love you all.  Have a good week and take care.

Love, Elder Wixom

No comments:

Post a Comment

Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.