Favorite Scripture:
Favorite Scripture:
Alma 56:47
Now they never had fought, yet they did not fear death; and they did think more upon the liberty of their fathers than they did upon their lives; yea, they had been taught by their mothers, that if they did not doubt, God would deliver them.
Friday, March 30, 2012
Just Around The Riverbend
There is a lot of really cool things that are coming up in the next little while here at the MTC and around the world.
First off, General Conference is this weekend! I'm so excited to be able to hear from the Prophet and the Apostles and whoever else is going to be speaking. But I'm also super psyched for the chance to sing during Conference. How many people get to do that, who aren't in MOTAB? Not that many. I'm so lucky to have this chance. And you at home are lucky too. Not only do you get to hear the word of God coming from the mouths of his chosen servants, but if the camera is kind, you might me able to see me too! Doesn't that just make you happy? :D It does me. I hope that everyone will watch conference though. Not just to see me (hopefully), but to receive guidance from our church leaders and to hear what the Lord wants us to hear. I pray that we will be attentive and awake, even during the Sunday morning session, so that our minds and our hearts may be touched and taught. I know there is no way I will be able to fall asleep during the Saturday afternoon, but Sunday might still be a challenge for me. I promise to stay awake if you will. Deal? Good.
Another really cool thing coming up is Easter! And it's on a Sunday. Who would have guessed? But here at the MTC we're going to have a really cool devotional type of thing that Sunday and it should be really exciting. I mean Easter is always exciting, but I'm sure Easter with a General Authority presiding will be even awesomer. Yes mom, that is a word. I don't know exactly how this devotional conference thing is going to work, but that's a good thing. It gives the mind a chance to think of how wonderful and exciting and incredible it will be. It's going to be really neat.
The last thing that is coming up in the next little while is. . . I'm going to Japan!!! I know that you all know that I am, but it's less than a month away now, and that time is just going to fly by, hopefully. Everyday I'm realizing more and more how awesome it is. And I think about how much I've personally progressed right now here at the MTC. I can only imagine how much I am going to when i actually get out into Japan. It is going to be so over-whelmingly awesome. I just can't wait!
Not much has happened this week as far as I can remember. We've just been learning Japanese a lot and practicing teaching a ton. It's all we seem to be doing, but that's good. Cause when I think about it, that's all we'll be doing when we get to Japan. Teaching lessons and learning Japanese. Hopefully we are studying well enough that when we get there it won't seem like we're too unprepared. Although everyday I think about how little time we really have to get ready here before we go. It's kind of a scary thought, but I've been told that you learn Japanese and how to teach much better when you finally get there. I pray that it will be the case for me too.
I do not know what else to say right now, but I hope that I'll think of more to say next time. I hope you all back home or wherever you are, are doing good. Have a really great week. Enjoy every minute of it, because you won't be able to get it back. Unless you get a time-turner. Which I know a couple of people have.
Love, Elder Wixom
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment
Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.