Favorite Scripture:
Favorite Scripture:
Alma 56:47
Now they never had fought, yet they did not fear death; and they did think more upon the liberty of their fathers than they did upon their lives; yea, they had been taught by their mothers, that if they did not doubt, God would deliver them.
Friday, March 9, 2012
Three weeks later...
It's crazy to think of how long we've been here already because it doesn't feel like any time at all. I imagine that the time will start to slow down again the sooner we get to leaving for Japan. And I'm sure that when we get to Japan, it will be just like the first week here at the MTC all over again, it will just take longer to get used to. Hopefully we will be able to get used to the change quickly and get busy with the work. But for the time being, the days are just flying by it seems. It feels like only yesterday I was typing the e-mail for last week. It's both a happy and sad feeling. Happy because we're a week closer to getting out of here and going to Japan, but sad becasue its a week gone from our missions. I wonder if the whole two years will seem this way.
So some stuff that's been going on...
We got a new teacher in class. Her name is Mortenson Sensei and she was our first "investigator", but now she's a teacher and an "investigator". Black Sensei and Andrus Sensei are both being "investigators" too, so we have a lot of time to practice teaching in Japanese which is really awesome.
For our fireside this Sunday we got to hear from Alex Boye, and at our devotional we heard from Elder Evans from the First Quorum of the Seventy. They were both really great speakers and it was a real pleasure to hear from them both. It was really cool to listen the Alex Boye sing as well. He's just amazing and I would suggest listening to some of his stuff if you get the chance. As always its a pleasure to hear from church leaders and learn from them. One of the best things that Elder Evans told us was that with time, we'll be able to read the Japanese Book of Mormon pretty well. That made all of us going to Japan super happy cause right now, we are only able to read it slowly and we dont know what most of the words mean.
Umm... As I said before this week really just flew by and most of the stuff we did was just classroom stuff. Although I have been doing yoga, which is really fun, but it is super hard. Hopefully I'll be really good by the time we leave here. But yeah, so I can't really think of anything to say. Sorry for not telling much. I'm doing good here and the language is coming. I apologize if in the future I start to use Japanese words or grammer whithout realizing it. We've all been getting our languages mixed up a lot. Its pretty funny actually.
Well, I hope everything goes good for you guys this week. Have fun with whatever you're doing. I'll try to say more stuff next week.
Love, Elder Wixom
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment
Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.