Favorite Scripture:
Favorite Scripture:
Alma 56:47
Now they never had fought, yet they did not fear death; and they did think more upon the liberty of their fathers than they did upon their lives; yea, they had been taught by their mothers, that if they did not doubt, God would deliver them.
Friday, March 16, 2012
Some advice. And warning...
First off, I'd like to give some advice to those who read this that are going to be coming into the MTC in the next little while.
1. Everyone here loves each other, and a lot of people like to show it. So if you have a problem hugging other guys or that sort of thing. You better get over that fast. Real fast.
2. Be careful about the food. Remember moderation in all things. You'll be happier and so will the people who are stuck in a classroom with you for 10+ hours.
3. If you start to lose your mind, remember there are a ton of other people having that same problem. There is always someone you can talk to if you need to.
4. If you have to learn a new language for your mission, you are going to feel so completely over-whelmed you might break down. Don't worry about it. It happens to everyone.
5. Learn to find joy in the little things, like letters, gym, and temple bacon. It will help offset the pressure of all the stuff you have to learn and do while you're here.
Now I can't give advice about how it's going to be when you get out into the field because I haven't done it yet, and because every mission is different. But I hopefully will be able to help people coming here to know what to expect and look forward too. So if you have any questions just let me know and I'll do my best to help you out.
Now about what's been going on...
It seems like the weeks are just flying by, it's so crazy. Honestly a lot of my week is just studying Japanese and practicing teaching investigators. It is super hard sometimes, and other times it is super easy. It just depends on the day, time, and how much sleep we got the night before. Everyone in my district has been improving so much it is unreal, but that's what happens when you're at a place like this. I guess being in a classroom for 10 hours a day, you're bound to learn a couple of things. I think we figured that we spend more time in class during a week then most people spend at a full-time job. It's crazy. But I guess that's what happens when this is a full-time job.
I have started reading Jesus the Christ to learn more about the Savior and I recommend that anyone who want to learn a ton more about Jesus, should definitely read that book. Or at least some of it. It's a long book. But it has so much good information it is just astounding.
I want to tell you about this neat experience I had during TRC on Saturday. Now TRC stands for Training resource center, and it is a place where people can volunteer to be taught by the missionaries. So for us Japan bound missionaries, all the volunteers we teach are old Japan missionaries or Japanese converts or just people that know how to speak Japanese. Anyways, one guy that we taught was this really cool guy named Juan. He spoke like seven languages and was really smart. Another cool thing about him was that he loves Pokemon. :) He actually had a game in his wallet. I think it was platinum. Anyways, he was a convert and we asked him to tell us his conversion story and when in his life he had felt God's love for him. And I totally was able to understand him. Not only that, but I was able to tell him when I have felt God's love and he totally understood me, It was so awesome to be able to put sentences in my head from English to Japanese and then share them. My companion said it was a really great thing to watch.
Well I just wanted to share that. I'm doing good here. I can't wait to hear more from you all. I love you.
Elder Wixom
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment
Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.