Favorite Scripture:
Favorite Scripture:
Alma 56:47
Now they never had fought, yet they did not fear death; and they did think more upon the liberty of their fathers than they did upon their lives; yea, they had been taught by their mothers, that if they did not doubt, God would deliver them.
Friday, March 23, 2012
Suspenders Everywhere!
Now I'm not saying that I started a suspenders craze, but I did. I just know it. Because when I first arrived here there were no suspenders for sale in the store, but after a week of me wearing them, the store started to sell them. Coincidence? I think not. It is cool to think that someone can have that kind of an effect on their environment, even if i wasn't the real reason for the store to start to sell them. And it's nice to see a bunch of other missionaries working the suspender look. But just so that we're all clear, I was wearing suspenders before wearing them was cool. Oh yeah.
This week has gone by so fast it is almost unreal. Time never seemed to go by as quickly when I was in the basement watching Doctor Who or playing Lol. I guess that is just one of the effects from being so busy for so long during the day, and consequently, during the week. Hopefully time will slow down a bit when we finally get out of here, (MTC) and get to Japan. I would hate for it to feel like I got right off the plane, just to get right back on. But I do want to be super busy the whole time, so time will probably fly by there too. Oh well.
During the week some cool stuff happened. Elder Oaks came and gave a Devotional on Tuesday. That was pretty awesome. I'm so lucky to have gotten to hear from two Apostles already, and maybe before we leave we'll be able to hear from another one. Everyone will get to hear from all the Apostles and the Prophet in a couple weeks though. I'm really excited to be in the MTC during conference. Except for the missing out of going to Jake's afterwards. Maybe you could send me one. :) Haha Jk. But I am super excited for conference and I hope you all back home will watch it and listen to what the leaders of the church have to say. I'm really looking forward to the Saturday afternoon session. If you know what I mean. "Hint hint". Not the Priesthood session, if you catch my drift. I mean I am excited for the Priesthood one too, but I am more excited for the afternoon session. Just FYI.
Class is going good still. The language is the most obnoxious thing in the world sometimes, but other times it's super easy. I know that by working hard, speaking Japanese will get better and better. And lucky for me and my district, we've got some amazing teachers that are able to help us learn it so fast. I sometimes think of how nice it would be to have another four weeks to learn Japanese here at the MTC, but then I think about staying at the MTC for another four weeks and I get super happy that I'm on just the eight week program. I am envious of how fast English speaking missionaries get out of here and into the field, but i know it would be ridiculous to try and learn Japanese in only three weeks.
Speaking of English speaking missionaries, It was so awesome to finally see Nathan, I mean, Elder Bennion here. It made me so happy to see a familiar face of someone who I spent a lot of time with before coming here. I'm a little bummed about not going to see anybody else probably, but I honestly don't think I could survive waiting around here just to see someone else I know. I'll just see you all after you get back home.
Umm... other than that I can't really think of anything else to say. I hope you all are doing well in you lives and are having fun. That's the most important thing.
Love, Elder Wixom
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment
Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.