Favorite Scripture:

Favorite Scripture:

Alma 56:47
Now they never had fought, yet they did not fear death; and they did think more upon the liberty of their fathers than they did upon their lives; yea, they had been taught by their mothers, that if they did not doubt, God would deliver them.

Friday, April 6, 2012

6 Down, 2 1/2 to Go


Dear outside world,

I miss you.  I got a taste of what it was like to be out of the MTC for a few hours and it was awesome.  Now I'm not saying the MTC is that bad, it's just after you've been here for so long you get really excited to leave.  One of the Elders in my district said, "They keep us in the MTC long enough for us to get really excited about going to Japan".  Now we were all super excited to go long before we even got here, but after you come here and learn more about what you'll be doing there, it makes you really excited.  That's how we're all feeling right now.  And we're super thankful that we're on the pilot program, because having to wait another month would be like torture.  But while we're waiting to go, some cool things have been happening here.

First of all Conference happened.  Now I know a bunch of you watched it cause I heard about you seeing me (which is awesome), but I hope that when you watched it you also paid attention to the messages that were given.  They were all super good and there is a lot that we can learn from them.  Especially if we apply what was talked about to our own lives.  Then we'll get the most out of them.  Now, I would just like to say that getting the chance to sing at conference was by far one of the coolest things I've ever done.  It might be one of the coolest things I ever will do too.  I count myself so lucky and I am super thankful that I was here for that experience.

Another super cool thing that happened this week was that we got new missionaries at the MTC.  Now I know what you're thinking.  They get new missionaries every week and he has never said it was super cool before.  That's true.  But this week it really was because we got new Japan destined missionaries.  AND. . . Japanese missionaries!!!  They are so cool.  Not only is their Japanese perfect cause that's their native language, but they are just super nice, funny, awesome people.  We have so much fun just hanging out with them at meals or at the residency just talking to them.  The best part is, when we talk together, our Japanese improves and their English improves.  It's a win win situation that we all enjoy.  Another cool side note, is that some of them absolutely love my Pokemon shirt.  Thanks Jon.  The new missionaries that showed up after them are pretty cool too.  From here on out I will refer to the new missionaries not from Japan as Kohai.  Because that's what they're called.  And we as their Senpai have a lot of fun looking at them and seeing ourselves 6 weeks ago.  Their faces are priceless when we speak simple Japanese to them, cause some have no idea at all what we're saying.  But we totally understand how they're feeling because its exactly the same way we did when we were Kohai and our Senpai talked to us.

It will be super cool to watch them progress over the next 2 1/2 weeks.  Hopefully we'll be able to help them out in learning Japanese and having fun here.

I hope you all enjoy your Easter and try to remember what Christ did for us all throughout this week and throughout his life.

We'll that's all I can think to say, so I think I'll go now.  

Bye.

Love, Elder Wixom

No comments:

Post a Comment

Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.