Favorite Scripture:
Favorite Scripture:
Alma 56:47
Now they never had fought, yet they did not fear death; and they did think more upon the liberty of their fathers than they did upon their lives; yea, they had been taught by their mothers, that if they did not doubt, God would deliver them.
Monday, April 30, 2012
P-Day in Japan
What a week? Ever since we landed here a ton has been going on. If I tried to write it all down I would run out of p-day. So I will just leave it at that. But some cool things that I would like to say are that on Wednesday, I met my trainer and went to my first area. So my comps name is Elder Squire. He's a really cool guy who did a bunch of theater before he came on his mission. He's from Utah too, although he's never heard of La Verkin. No shock there. But he has heard of Hurricane. I guess he played them in tennis or something. Anyways, all in all he's a really cool guy and a really great trainer. Our first area is a city called Aomori. 青森 That is how its spelled. It is at the very top of the Sendai mission, right by the ocean. Its a beautiful city and I got here at the perfect time. The snow is mostly melted and the sakura is starting to bloom. The only thing is that it's going to start raining soon. But a little rain never hurt anybody. The people here are so nice as well. At church on Sunday I got to meet with most of the members that I hadn't met before and they all were so nice to me. Even though my Japanese is slow and my name is hard to say. The people who aren't members either are super nice too. Even though they won't always listen to us, they're not rude or mean. They're just all nice. Not all super nice, but mostly.
What else to tell you... Well I have gotten many chances to talk to people already which just shows me that I probably should have studied harder in the MTC. lol I mean, I can sometimes catch what they're saying and then talk more, but usually my companion has to translate for me. Which isn't bad, I just think that I'll have to work harder out here to get the language than I did at the MTC. But it is super fun to stop people on the street and ask them about God or the purpose of life, in Japanese, and then have them give you a reply. (sometimes) I mean, these are real people, not actors. It is super cool. I mean, yeah, the language is hard, but it is still super fun and exciting.
So I hope the rest of my stay here can be as fun and exciting as this first week was. Even though it's super hard work and Japanese is really hard, it's still a lot of fun. Which is good. Until next P-day then.
Love, Elder Wixom
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment
Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.