Favorite Scripture:

Favorite Scripture:

Alma 56:47
Now they never had fought, yet they did not fear death; and they did think more upon the liberty of their fathers than they did upon their lives; yea, they had been taught by their mothers, that if they did not doubt, God would deliver them.

Saturday, April 21, 2012

Pinch me I Must be Dreaming


I cannot believe that we only have two days until we fly out to Japan.  It is too crazy to comprehend.  I mean the fact that it's Japan is one thing, but why we're going over there is a pretty big deal.  I mean we're going over there to preach the gospel.  I don't know if any of you back home realize how important that is.  I have learned while here at the MTC just how important it is.  It's a pretty big deal.  That's probably what I'm most nervous about.  Not the language, not the food, but the fact that if I don't help people see how important the gospel is in their lives, who knows if they're going to get another chance to hear it.  That would be the worst feeling in the world.  I hope that we're ready for it.

But this week  has been a pretty exciting week.  Besides the fact that it is our last one.  But we've had meetings about leaving and getting ready, we've sort of started packing already.  And we had an in-field orientation that lasted all day yesterday.   So we're pretty much totally pumped for Monday.  Even if we don't know if we're ready.  We'll just find out I guess.  But some other cool things that happened was we got to hear from Elder Ballard on Sunday and Larry Gibbons of the Seventy on Tuesday.  Both of their talks were awesome.  Just like talks here usually are.  But Elder Gibbons talked about how important the members are in missionary work.  I never realized how important they were before I got here.  But even without being in the field I can tell that they're super important.  So I encourage all of you at home or wherever to be a more missionary helping member.  It is so essential for the members to  be helping.  And if the missionaries in your area or your ward are slacking, stick it to them.  Get them working.  It is a  joint effort that I didn't realize was important until six days before I get to go into the field.

So I want you all to know that I am super excited to be allowed to go to Japan and serve and that I love you all.  I guess I'll talk to you later.  From Japan!!! :D

Love, Elder Wixom

No comments:

Post a Comment

Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.