Oh yeah, we totally got our travel plans yesterday. We were all jumping around all super excitedly. It must have been really funny to look at. So the plans are:
We leave Salt Lake at 6 am and land in Texas at 9:35. We leave Texas at 10:25 and arrive in Tokyo at 1:30pm. We leave Tokyo at 6:25 and land in Sendai at 7:25.
It's going to be so awesome. We're a little confused why we're going to Texas, but some other Elders that we know are going to Michigan first so it could be weirder. One thing about the flight that I'm super excited for is the amount of time-traveling I will be a part of. Think about it, I leave on the 23, but arrive on the 24. Not only that though, I leave in the morning and arrive in the evening. I will travel through a whole day of time in less than one day. Beats the sissy time travel I used to do going to California. By a whole day pretty much. It's going to be so cool. Like, this much cool: [ ] That's supposed to represent my arms. Since I can't show you physically.
Although that was one of the main high points of my week, there were a lot of other really cool things that happened this week too. On Sunday, we had a MTC wide sacrament meeting, which was cool to be a part of. We got to listen to Pres. Packer, and an Elder Packer. Both of which had really great talks. Probably because they're both General Authorities. Or because they're Packers. Either one. Their talks were both really great, and it was awesome to celebrate the Resurrection of Christ with an Apostle.
Another cool thing that happened was I and my district got the chance to be Host missionaries to new Elders and Sisters coming in. It was really awesome to be the first person these missionaries meet as they leave their families and come into the MTC. I got to help two new Elders who were both really cool. I unfortunately do not remember their names or what they look like, but that's okay. They probably don't remember me either. I'm just glad I was able to be the first person to help them transition into their new lives here. Hopefully I did a good job. I think I did.
This next week starts our last full week here at the MTC. It's super exciting, but super scary at the same time. I hope we are prepared enough to get to Japan and get to work. That's all we're looking forward to right now.
Thank you everybody for your love and support. I hope you have a really fun week. I know I will.
Love, Elder Wixom.
No comments:
Post a Comment
Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.