Favorite Scripture:

Favorite Scripture:

Alma 56:47
Now they never had fought, yet they did not fear death; and they did think more upon the liberty of their fathers than they did upon their lives; yea, they had been taught by their mothers, that if they did not doubt, God would deliver them.

Monday, October 29, 2012

I Think its Getting Colder?


This week was just a normal week to be honest.  Unlike last week where we were traveling a lot, this week we didn't leave Nagaoka at all.  It was nice to have a break from traveling, but today we are going to Sendai for a conference so we're traveling again.  But it will be a lot of fun so the 4 hour bus ride should be fine.  And the weather seems to be cooling off lately.  It's been kinda cold in the mornings and in the evenings.  I guess it just means that winter is coming.  And with winter comes SNOW!!! Yay for snow!  Should be exciting hopefully.   Anyway about this week, let's see if I can remember what we did...

We went and visited Nakamura shimai this week and that's always one of my favorite things to do.  It always makes me so happy to visit with her and to just talk to her.  She hasn't been able to come to church for the past two weeks because it's been in Sendai and she is old and doesn't like long car rides.  But she said she was excited to go to church again which made us happy.  The members are still teaching her after baptism lessons which is going good I think.  And this last time when we visited, Nakamura shimai and I sang "Silent Night" in English for Uchida choro.  I don't know why she knows the English lyrics, but that's okay.  It just makes one's heart warm to listen to her sing.

We also had a lesson with U san this last week.  That went really well.  He and Uchida choro are already super good friends and we're going to go out to sushi sometime.  But he's doing pretty good lately.  He is probably going to come to church next week which is great because that is one of the biggest roadblocks to him getting baptized right now.  But he told us that if he had a chance, he'd like to be baptized.  So that made us happy.

We had a little Halloween party this last Saturday at the church.  It went pretty good for the amount of time we had to get it together.  We were asked to plan it last Wednesday and so yeah.  Not much time, but it turned out good so that's what matters.  The only sad part was we weren't able to get a costume or anything so we were just lame and went as missionaries.  We just switched name tags so I was Uchida choro and he was me.

Well I think that is all that we did this last week that I should tell you about.  We've got to go and finish getting ready because we need to catch a train in like two and a half hours.  I hope you all have a fun week and a happy Halloween.  Love you all!

Love Wixom 長老

No comments:

Post a Comment

Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.