Favorite Scripture:

Favorite Scripture:

Alma 56:47
Now they never had fought, yet they did not fear death; and they did think more upon the liberty of their fathers than they did upon their lives; yea, they had been taught by their mothers, that if they did not doubt, God would deliver them.

Monday, November 12, 2012

The Usual Missionary Stuff


This week we did some missionary stuff.  The usual stuff that missionaries do.  Like walking down the street.  Talking to random people.  Finding new investigators.  Preparing people for baptism.  And having sushi parties with friends.  That was pretty much our whole week right there.  It was pretty fun this week and we seemed to get a lot of good things done, but I'm really tired now and it is only the start of the week.  But anyways, I want to tell you something cool that happened this week.

We had a sushi party.

There I told you.  I hope you enjoyed it.  You would be surprised how quickly you learn to like the foods that you didn't think you liked before they were the only food you could eat.  I was sure surprised.  I mean I went out for sushi my first Saturday in Japan, and even though I didn't hate it, it  wasn't my favorite.  But now, after I have gone a couple times after that, I love it.  I wish we were able to go more, but sushi is kind of expensive.  But it's still fun.  Especially if you go with other missionaries, a member of the local branch, and a good friend who is investigating that church.  It is a lot of fun.  In fact we're thinking about going again before transfers if I get the call.  But anyways, you may be asking yourself why we went out for sushi.  And the answer is because we live in Japan and that's what Japanese people do.  But we also did it because we had a lesson with U san, and we wanted to go out to eat after.  And the lesson went really well too.  We were able to make a baptismal date with him for next month, but we're going to have to work hard to help him be baptized on that date.  But he can do it I think.  So that was exciting.

That was probably the biggest thing that happened this week.  There was a bunch of other good things that happened, but I don't really have time to write them all down.  So I will just end there and hope you have a good week.  Sorry this one is so short.  I love you.

Love, Elder Wixom

No comments:

Post a Comment

Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.